21 August 2008

Today, I ate a lot

I swear, I am a 101 cookbooks fiend. Whenever I want to cook something, and I have an overabundance of some ingredient, I just check her archives (sorted by ingredient) and pick something delicious sounding. Today, in preparation for an ultimately unsuccessful color photo printing session at my old photo teacher's darkroom, I used up all of the remaining Quinoa in my house to make "Delicious Big Bowl" but I substituted the asparagus with broccoli. It was so. good.

Hearty Quinoa

And after Taylor found out that we wouldn't be able to go to the darkroom, we were feeling a little bummed, so a picnic with some the Quinoa and some rice cakes was very nice. We even met a very audacious squirrel, to whom we fed some of these rice cakes.

Afterwards, we went and got some tea at Busters and perused a makeup shop. I'm not much of a makeup person, but I did end up buying some lip stain--my weakness, to be sure. I really wanted some of this pretty perfume (mainly because I'm a sucker for nice packaging and design), but my desires were quickly thwarted by its $89 price tag.

Following this, we made our way through the Farmers Market, sampling fruits and buying honey sticks. And, if you are ever buying some, you simply must try the Cool Mint Honey flavor. It's seriously tasty. Anyways, the market was fun, but hot. Soon, we parted ways and I went with my brother and his girlfriend to get some boba. Boba was then followed by a dinner comprised of a variety of tacos from a taco truck, shared with the rest of the family. I'm trying to fit in as much Mexican food before I head eastward. And then, my dad baked some chocolate chip cookies (with raisins and walnuts of course).

END RESULT: very, very full. Oof...

DSC_0006.JPG
Oh L.A...

4 comments:

xobrownheart said...

that sounds like the best day ever!

NY definitely taught me the flower trick, especially in the winter - do put it to good use. Citerella has the longest lasting roses! plus Daniel Day Lewis is always puttering around in the one on 6th ave + 9th street - my old haunt.

Lizzie said...

ah! very good advice! many thanks...

Taylor said...

ah mr. day-lewis, a pick me up anytime, surely.

the picnic was quite fun. i think i might buy some lipstick and stain and try to get in the habit of wearing it.

Anne said...

Daniel Day LEWIS? excellent.