12 November 2008

MWMH :: Stuffed Acorn Squash!

Stuffed Acorn Squash!

Did you know: I love autumn foods? If you read this "blog" at all, the answer should be yes. Also, I love it when I go to the super market and end up having leftover money from last week's allowance and then I can buy things I don't need. Such as Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix!

Anyways, TANGENT! Here's the deal. This stuffed squash was really delish and very easy and you should make it tonight! I got the recipe from Elana's Pantry via TasteSpotting. I hope she won't mind if I post the recipe here for all my lovely friends and comrades to try.

Acorn Squash with Cranberry Apple Stuffing

You need:
~2 acorn squash
~boiling water
~2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
~1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used golden raisins...)
~1 teaspoon cinnamon
~2 tablespoons butter (She says grapeseed oil, but she cooks gluten free, dairy free, etc.)

  1. Cut squash in half and with a spoon, remove pulp and seeds
  2. In a large pyrex baking dish place squash cut-side down
  3. Pour ¼-inch boiling water into pyrex dish (or use 1/4 inch room temperature apple juice for extra sweetness)
  4. Place dish in oven and bake squash for 30 minutes at 350°
  5. In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries and cinnamon and grapeseed oil to make stuffing
  6. Remove squash from the oven after the 30 minutes
  7. Turn halves over and stuff center of each squash half with apple mixture
  8. Return to oven and bake for 30-35 minutes (or longer) until squash and apples are tender

Serves 4 lucky ladies or gents


Now do it! Make it! Have a lovely mid-week feast. Until next time...

4 comments:

xobrownheart said...

you gotta slow down girl, I'm still drooling over the bread puddin'

Lizzie said...

i actually made these a week or more apart from each other...if i could/had the time and money to bake this often, i would! but until then...

Helene said...

This is SO going on the Thanksgiving table!! Love it! Love acorn squash!

Anne said...

this is simply amazing. I hope you will share some of your delightful concoctions with us during winter break 200gr8