07 January 2009

MWMH :: Gone Pro, Chocolate too

Max Brenner Menu

Remember when I used to update my blog? Good stuff.

Anyways, I'm going to be able to do just that again, because I bit the bullet and went pro on Flickr. Check out my photostream, if you feel so inclined. One day, when I have lots of time (which is actually right now, during winter break, so maybe I should get around to doing this) I will merge my old Flickr account with the new pro one so all my photos are in one spot.

Emily's Elbow

Anyways, today I am making Challah for a friend's party. It's a themed party (as all of ours are) and her theme is a children's tea party, so I am going to make the challah look like this! I'll post pictures of the final result when finished. In the meantime, here are some photos from my early birthday party at Max Brenner (Chocolate by the Bald Man) in Manhattan.

Happy Thea$7 Cookie

It was really fun, in my opinion, but some people were less than thrilled at the prices. Yeah, it's absurdly expensive, but equally absurdly delicious. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but the hot cocoa and desserts are sooooo good. The dessert on the top right, the cookie, was $7. Yeah. And we chose to split it, in order to get the cost down, thinking that there would be, oh, three cookies, or something. Not one! Ah, whatever, it was excellent.

Hot Cocoa w/ Marshmallows Toffee Hot Cocoa

Yum yum yum. Today I am also making lacey curtains for our foyer, as my father requested. Doesn't that sound fancy? Yeah!

Hope you had a very nice New Year and Holiday or whatever. Until later!

No comments: